Healthcare Providers are an integral part of the RASMAS community and utilize our recall management service daily.
The RASMAS community is facilitated by our staff and recall analysts, who monitor manufacturer and government recall notices and post them to our internal RASMAS website each day. Each of the alerts then goes out to our community of users who review recalled products.
There are many key benefits that make membership in the RASMAS community so valuable to healthcare providers:
RASMAS handles not just medical products but also food, children’s toys, and general equipment used in the facilities. For example, we received a recall alert on a very common and inexpensive wall plug AC adapter that displayed a counterfeit UL label. Since these are commercially available to the consuming public, it is quite possible we would have never known directly about the recall without RASMAS.”
- We communicate. Instead of receiving recall notices via the mail or fax, which can easily get misplaced, we send out alerts electronically as soon as they are issued. RASMAS subscribers have the option of completing an e-Reply Card form as part of the alert workflow and product returns actions. For each alert, RASMAS members can send an FYI message to other members who might have ideas or answers for how to deal with the issue.
- We share information. Each product alert has the ability for members to comment on the alert. This means that if a product recall has created a shortage, RASMAS members can suggest solutions for replacement products.
- We want members to know. Because most of our alerts come out before official Food and Drug Administration alerts, our members know quickly if there might be a shortage of a particular healthcare product.
- We keep it in perspective. Part of dealing with risk is categorizing it so that critical work can be done first. Our analysts flag urgent recalls that might pose an immediate threat to patients.
- We keep records. If you want to know the recall history of a manufacturer or distributor or need to see how quickly your healthcare facility has been dealing with recalls; you can look it up in RASMAS.
- We respond. Members can talk to our analysts about issues related to a recall. Our experience with recalls means that not only do we know about that particular recall, but we can be a resource for those who work in the healthcare supply chain.
Talk To Us
For more information about RASMAS or to schedule a web presentation to see how the system works, call (877) 727-6276, or Email RASMAS at RASMASSales@noblis.org