Solutions for Product Safety and Recall Management
Each year thousands of product and safety alerts are issued by healthcare product and device manufacturers, distributors and wholesalers, and government agencies (FDA, CPSC, and others). These alerts lack consistency in terminology and format. The notifications arrive via fax, mail, or even through sales representative visits. The use of a paper-based system to disseminate and track actions on the alerts can result in a failure or delay in action that could compromise patient safety, increase costs, and impact regulatory compliance.
• Biomedical Devices
• Blood Products
• Children’s Consumer Products
• Engineering and Facilities
• Information Systems
• Laboratory Products
• Medical Supplies
• OR Products
• Other Products (e.g., prosthetics)
• Radiology Products
• Veterinary Products
RASMAS provides solutions for its members with timely and consistent product alert and recall notifications, automates many manual tracking processes, and offers collaborative environments for all in the healthcare supply chain to address product alerts and recalls.
RASMAS streamlines the way the healthcare supply-chain communicates and manages product alerts and recalls. Since its inception, RASMAS has reduced alert processing time by up to 80% for many of our member organizations.
Today, healthcare providers and suppliers (manufacturers, distributors, and wholesalers) can join the RASMAS Community to automate product alert distribution and electronically participate in remediation activities, saving time, money, and potentially lives.
The RASMAS service responds to industry recall management needs in four areas:
- Alerts: Identification, aggregation, standardization and dissemination of product remediation notifications
- Remediation: Scalable, automated workflow tools to support remediation work assignment, accountability, management and closure
- Enterprise Management: Transformation enabling tools to support timely evaluation and management of remediation activities across the enterprise
- Community: Facilitation and coordination of all stakeholders involved with product remediation activities
RASMAS is a simple-to-use, web-based subscription service that provides comprehensive notification, distribution, and management of product alerts and recalls for all healthcare and consumer products used in healthcare facilities.