RASMAS, a Comprehensive and Robust Solution
Healthcare providers see savings in staff time and patient safety with RASMAS.
We all know that patient safety is a top priority for every healthcare provider. But what happens when a product recall affects your organization and your patients are at risk? What processes do you have in place to ensure that the product is removed and the removal is properly documented? Wouldn’t you be interested in utilizing a service that can dramatically reduce the number of days or even hours that a recalled product remains in your inventory? What if you can reduce the days patients are “at risk” from one month to a few days or a few hours?
RASMAS can make a difference in patient safety. Here are just a few of the RASMAS benefits for healthcare providers:
Ensuring that recalls are received by the correct individual/department and handled in an appropriate timeframe is critical to patient safety.
- Attain the Highest Level of Patient Safety: Knowing when an alert or product recall has occurred and receiving pertinent information in a timely manner is a key part of the ensuring and providing the absolute best level of patient safety. RASMAS provides you up-to-date alerts and information on product recalls. All alerts and product recalls are collected from numerous sources, vetted and put in standard format.
- Realize Irrefutable Process Improvement and Reduced Staff Work and Cost: Rather than having alert management funnel through a single person or department, let RASMAS direct the alerts for you. By identifying the individuals in your organization who are most familiar with products you have in inventory, you can have the alert information sent automatically through RASMAS only to those who “need to know.” Time previously spent faxing, photo-copying and tracking down employees can now be focused on more productive activities. Many of our healthcare providers report an 80 percent decrease in the staff time that is needed to process alerts.
- Dramatically Reduce Your Liability: Reduce your legal exposure associated with a specific recall or alert by removing recalled products from the supply chain quickly. Rather than managing alerts through a single point person or department, you can leverage RASMAS to distribute your alerts, quarantine products quickly, and minimize your exposure to any legal liabilities.
- Experience A Closed Loop Responsibility Model: Individuals responsible for managing and responding to alerts receive the alerts that are relevant to them, take the appropriate action, and report on their action through easily understood computer-based workflow screens. Each member specifies the expected time an individual should work to completing their alert assignment(s). E-mail notices are escalated up the management chain when there is a delay in the completion of a specific assignment.
- Gain Access to Comprehensive and Dynamic Reports: When using a manual process to track recalls, responding to audit requests by the FDA, the Joint Commission, or management can feel more like a fire drill than a request for information. With RASMAS, the details you need to respond to FDA, Joint Commission and internal audit requests are immediately accessible from any computer with Internet access. A quick search for the alert and you can view all of the actions taken and individuals who were involved. Audits are simplified and require far less time or expense to get the answers you need.
- Engage with and Learn from Others: The RASMAS Community is a platform that enables members to exchange information and ideas around recall management and other healthcare interests. The Community includes educational resources and tips and tools to improve and implement best practices for recall management processes. The RASMAS Community is a private, secure service that members can use to connect with other RASMAS members and exchange knowledge. Registered users can search for others working in similar organizations or in similar areas of interest and connect colleagues by e-mail through RASMAS.
Major Changes in Patient Safety
You will benefit from the interaction with the RASMAS Community and its ongoing initiatives in developing and deploying best practices. As a RASMAS subscribing member, you get access to real-time alert distribution, dissemination, and reporting. RASMAS helps you realize streamlined processes and timely regulatory compliance that dramatically reduce your administrative costs and legal liability exposure.
Call 1-877-727-6276 x1 to schedule a free web demonstration.